Ethereum Classic Attacker Efficiently Double-Spends $1.68M in 2nd Assault: Document
Ethereum Classic’s 2nd 51% attack Thursday resulted in a huge reorganization of 4,236 blocks and suited double-utilize of $1.68 million rate of cryptocurrency, per an investigation by Bitquery.
- The attacker tried to double-utilize 465,444 ethereum traditional (ETC), rate approximately $3.3 million, but easiest successfully double-spent 238,306 ETC, rate $1.68 million, per the file.
- An additional 14,200 ETC had been also claimed by the attacker by potential of block rewards within the route of the tournament.
- Bitquery found the hashpower required for the attack turned into doubtlessly bought from the same offer as for the first attack: Nicehash DaggerHashimoto.
- Thursday’s attack is the 2nd on the Ethereum Classic platform interior five days. Per chance the most major attack passed off on Aug. 1 and turned into firstly set apart regarded as the result of diagram considerations.
- Ethereum Classic Labs, the core constructing group at the motivate of Ethereum Classic, presented Friday that it has retained legislation company Kobre & Kim to investigate and pursue criminal charges towards the perpetrators of every 51% assaults, per a press originate shared with CoinDesk.
Replace (August 7, 16: 22 UTC): This article has been up thus some distance extra details about Ethereum Classic Labs’ response to the assaults.
The chief in blockchain news, CoinDesk is a media outlet that strives for the obedient journalistic requirements and abides by a strict residing of editorial insurance policies. CoinDesk is an independent running subsidiary of Digital Forex Community, which invests in cryptocurrencies and blockchain startups.