Blockchain startup Enigma filed a registration assertion for its ENG token with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
In step with the epic printed on the SEC’s portal Friday, the registration assertion is tied to the privateness-centered company’s February settlement with the regulatory physique regarding the mission’s 2017 preliminary coin offering (ICO).
- The mission’s registration assertion notes the ENG tokens are currently former as a charge instrument on the mission’s files community and shouldn’t be viewed as comparable to former securities.
- “ENG tokens lack aspects of such securities, at the side of the right to catch a dividend or distribution; ENG tokens moreover attain no longer provide holders with any balloting, liquidation or preemption rights,” the mission’s registration assertion notes.
- In step with the submitting, as soon as the registration assertion becomes effective Enigma would be topic to the Exchange Act, which plot it’d be required to file an annual 10-Ok, quarterly 10-Q and as a lot as date 8-Ok reports.
- Enigma is without doubt one of the dear approach corporations engaged on the Secret Community. Earlier this week, “secret orderly contracts” were moreover launched on the community’s mainnet and the “Secret Community” is now specializing in scaling and constructing connections to public networks such as Ethereum and Cosmos Hub.
- The Secret Community moreover launched a partnership with, and investment from, Hashed, a blockchain company in Asia. The investment is for an undisclosed quantity.
Benjamin Powers contributed reporting.