Elon Musk has thrown doubt on a claimed sighting of a bitcoin ATM at the Tesla Gigafactory in Nevada.
- The ATM used to be first claimed to had been sighted by Twitter particular person Will Reeves who posted on Sunday that he had “factual passed by and noticed @elonmusk has a bitcoin ATM at the Gigafactory.”
- The tweet used to be accompanied by a Google maps image revealing the placement of the ATM on the northern aspect of the large manufacturing unit complicated.
- Basically based mostly mostly on a Sunday document by Finbold, the ATM used to be installed by LibertyX in August of this 365 days totally for the employ by workers of the manufacturing unit.
- Alternatively, Tesla founder and CEO Elon Musk mentioned he did now not mediate the say used to be “factual” in a tweet on Monday. The post Musk used to be replying to has now been deleted, presumably in step with his tweet.
- CoinDesk reached out to Tesla for affirmation however had now now not bought a answer by press time.
- Alternatively, Reeves’ sighting used to be apparently confirmed to CoinDesk by bitcoin ATM operator LibertyX in an instantaneous message, which mentioned: “We now luxuriate in got enabled 3 extinct ATMs internal so workers can employ their debit playing cards and bewitch bitcoin.”
- LibertyX now claims to luxuriate in over 5,000 crypto ATMs in operation all over the U.S., as well as a bitcoin shopping for carrier in around 20,000 stores.