Coinbase’s Global Advertising Head Latest to Be part of Mass Exit
Coinbase Global Advertising Head John Russ is leaving the U.S. cryptocurrency exchange – essentially the most up-to-date in a ramification of exits over recent weeks.
- Russ mentioned in a tweet Wednesday that the decision came in accordance with Coinbase workers being asked to make a selection from accepting CEO Brian Armstrong’s enforced “apolitical” stance on the firm and going in thoroughly different places.
- In the summer, some Coinbase workers had protested internally, within the hunt for a more public space on considerations similar to Sad Lives Topic.
- Armstrong pushed help asserting the firm would point of interest entirely on its financial mission and offering a severance equipment for workers heart-broken with the distance.
- The susceptible global marketing and marketing head joins on the least 60 assorted workers of their departure from the exchange representing roughly 5% of the corporate’s headcount.
- On Wednesday, Coinbase’s Chief Compliance Officer Jeff Horowitz moreover presented he might maybe perchance maybe perchance be stepping a ways from the corporate even though it’s now no longer sure if he left over Armstrong’s missive.
- Russ did in a roundabout blueprint return CoinDesk’s seek facts from for comment.