OKEx Founder ‘Big name’ Xu Named as Key Holder in Police Custody: Anecdote
A founder of the OKEx cryptocurrency exchange is being held by police, in step with Chinese data provide Caixin.
- In a listing on Friday, Caixin talked about it spoke to 2 other folks shut to OKEx who indicated that Mingxing “Big name” Xu, had been taken by police a minimal of a week within the past and hasn’t been seen since.
- The listing isn’t at all times if truth be told glorious exactly the put this came about, then all over again OKEx has a headquarters in Hong Kong, whereas being formally basically based mostly in Malta.
- The listing moreover doesn’t instruct why police are maintaining Xu.
- The knowledge comes quickly after CoinDesk reported earlier on Friday that OKEx has suspended cryptocurrency withdrawals citing the absence of an unnamed holder of the exchange’s private keys.
- Whereas the awareness did notify the actual person is “cooperating with a public security bureau in investigations,” OKEx CEO and co-founder Jay Hao talked about on Weibo that the advise is over a private topic and would no longer maintain an price on the enterprise.
- Xu turned into held by police as portion of a fraud investigation support in 2018, but turned into no longer arrested.
- Because the suggestions broke, cryptocurrency costs took a dive, with bitcoin shedding around 3% in half of an hour.