Ether Trades Above $900 for the First Time Since 2018, Hours After Crossing $800
Taking a page out of bigger sibling bitcoin’s book on Sunday the price of Ether (ETH) traded above $900 for the first time since February 2018, hours after breaking thru $800 for the first time since March of the identical yr.
- The native forex of the Ethereum network hit a nearly three-yr high of $914.20, sooner than settling the total system down to $909.86, up 20.6% over the closing 24 hours..
- The 2nd-absolute best cryptocurrency by market cap, the general designate of ether is within the meanwhile $103.8 billion.
- Ether’s pass coincides with rising institutional hobby within the cryptocurrency and the upcoming start of ETH futures on the CME on Feb. 8.
- Also, Ether is kind of no doubt getting a make a choice from the expect-popping designate bustle of bitcoin over the closing 24 hours.
- Though now not as dramatic as bitcoin’s surge, the upward push within the price of ether is accelerating. After breaking $600 for the first time in nearly three years in November 2020, it broke $700 within the first time since Also can just 21, 2018, on Dec. 27, 2020, and has now notched $800 and $900 within the identical morning.