Bitcoin Dealer Robbed and Pushed Out of Automobile in Hong Kong
Hong Kong police are attempting to accumulate robbers who lured a trader into a gathering on Monday and stole cash and bitcoin ahead of pushing him out of a automotive.
- The criminals tricked the 37-year-passe man into a gathering open air a resort in North Level on Monday, the put two males arrived in a automotive to bewitch up the sufferer, the South China Morning Put up reported on Tuesday.
- Police acknowledged the trader had chatted to the males on-line ahead of agreeing to the meeting in-person to sell the males 15 BTC.
- The trader used to be paid round HK$3 million (nearly US$387,000) in profit the automotive after he’d transferred the bitcoin to the 2 merchants, acknowledged the document, citing a police source.
- The males then drove the trader an estimated 6 kilometers the put they met one more three males ahead of forcing him out of the automotive on a Hong Kong hillside.
- The person used to be no longer injured, nonetheless the money and two mobile phones had been stolen, per the document.
- The 15 BTC at a worth of round $31,000 on Monday would had been rate US$465,000, meaning roughly US$852,000 used to be stolen in total.