Crypto Derivatives Substitute BitMEX Says All Customers Are Now Verified
BitMEX, the cryptocurrency derivatives replace that chanced on itself in hot water with U.S. regulators last twelve months, launched Thursday that its customer verification program has now been fully implemented precise by packed with life customers.
- Since Dec. 4, BitMEX customers possess been required to modified into verified in present to deposit, alternate or withdraw funds.
- The Seychelles-based company said the program’s completion makes it one in every of primarily the principal crypto derivatives exchanges on the earth with a solely verified packed with life user harmful.
- The know-your-customer compliance effort comes after regulatory scrutiny within the last two years.
- In 2019, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) opened an investigation into BitMEX over whether or now not the replace had allowed U.S. merchants to make utilize of its platform.
- Then in October 2020, the CFTC and federal prosecutors charged BitMEX with facilitating unregistered trading and varied violations.
- Since then, the replace has shaken up its govt personnel and brought on its first compliance chief.