Preston Byrne is a partner in Anderson Homicide’s Skills, Media and Distributed Methods Neighborhood, and a CoinDesk columnist.
He joins CoinDesk Aspects Editor Ben Schiller to talk about his contemporary op-ed about GameStop, Robinhood and the upward thrust of online mobs.
Schiller spoke to Byrne about:
- The upward thrust of online mobs from GameStop to Capitol Hill and how the net is impacting true lifestyles in an extra and extra tangible device
- What policymakers can manufacture to forestall mobs doing injury to first charge firms
- Why it’s probably the WallStreetBets Reddit contained some pump-and-dumpers
- How the regulatory response to the WallStreetBets would perhaps perhaps impact cryptocurrencies
- How the backlash from “elites” impacted by GameStop would perhaps perhaps pain free speech
- Why Preston Byrne helps marmots (which would be love squirrels or groundhogs)