Beeple NFT to Be Auctioned by Christie’s
Christie’s is coming into on nonfungible tokens (NFTs).
- The 255-yr-outmoded auction home is partnering with digital market MakersPlace to promote works from Mike “Beeple” Winkelmann, a digital artist who made $3.5 million in NFT auctions slack last yr.
- NFTs enable collectors and artists to make sure the provenance of art work, verifying its authenticity and possession securely on the blockchain.
- The Beeple work being auctioned by Christie’s is a collage of the thousands of objects of art work he has posted on-line since 2007.
- “EVERYDAYS: THE FIRST 5000 DAYS” shall be delivered at as soon as to the purchaser with a obvious NFT encrypted with Beeple’s signature.
- The work shall be auctioned in a standalone lot on-line for two weeks from Feb. 25 and is the first fully digital art work to be offered by a outmoded auction home.